Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

It's Not Just a Bike

Today, we celebrate Mav’s first birthday. Yes, the bike. Yes, my bike. Yes, we had cake.

Maverick T Failla – my 2012 Giant Avail Advanced 2.

GIANT ... a thing of great size, extraordinary power, significance and importance - the very reason why I ride. To Fight Back and to Conquer.

M = Mely, Michelle, Michaela and Mark
A = Aino and Annie
V = Vince
E = Eddie
R = Richard and Ruth
I = I am the one who will take these fighters and angels on my journey
C = Caroline
K = Ken
T = Tom & Tommaso 

We celebrate, because Mav is not just a bike. Mav is the symbol of what I stand for.
Tonight as I sit here, I am reflecting on Mav’s first year like I would have on the first birthday of Sam, Amy and Mia.

I have gone back to day 1, where we were both introduced and I was overwhelmed with emotion. Our first tentative moments together where I realized that you can have all the flash gear, but it doesn’t really help if you don’t know what you are doing.



Our first month was where we really got to know each other.



And then following on with that, it was special moments that we shared that will be forged in my memory forever. Moments I will never forget.

























Mav aloft, Me Conquering, My wingmen by my side and my Family always in front! 


Mav is not just a bike. Mav is that symbol of Fighting Back. It is that symbol that I am trying in the only way I now know how to make a difference.

I could write forever about what Mav means to me. I could write forever about how she has changed my life. I could write forever about the brilliant friendships I now have because of her. But instead, you can just work back through my blogs, because it is all in there. And if it is not, then I can’t find the right words to describe how I feel.


So to sum it up, I will use this quote – shared by one of those brilliant friends I have met since having Mav J


THANKS KB for most of these brilliant memories xo


No comments:

Post a Comment